South Beach On The Cheap

Following the South Beach Diet on a budget. I will be buying most of my food at Aldis, clearance and sales at other markets.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Enemy The Scale

When I was young I worked outside with my Dad all of the time. We ate tons of food
In the evening after all of the chores were done. I never gave my weight or the scale
A single thought. In fact I don’t even remember weighing myself unless it was at the Dr.
Office. I married at 16 and had my second child a few months after my 19th birthday.
Then the scale and I became enemies of the highest degree. I stopped weighing myself
I did lose the weight eventually but it was hard and I had to watch myself all of the time,
After two more children I just gave up I think, for a long while. I stayed away from the scale now from fear.
I didn’t want to know what I weighed.
I lost 50 pounds in 1999 the scale and I were once again buddies! I loved seeing those numbers.
Now here we are again the deepest of enemies. I was fearful when I weighed in this morning.
And I was right, because I weighed on a different scale so with my starting weight from my scale at home I have
Only lost a pound.
However, I know from the way my clothing is fitting already and the way my ring tries to fall off of my finger sometimes
That I have lost inches. I will continue to weigh but am going to measure myself this evening. I should have done that to begin with.
I know this doesn’t sound very uplifting, but for me the fact that I have not let myself get down and eat badly as a punishment
Is uplifting! We are all going to come to times when the scale is not our friend, along our journey of weight loss but if you
Can remember the tiny things that make you know you are losing, or even the fact that you feel healthy when these times come
Facing your fear, but doing it anyway? That is Courage!

No comments:

Post a Comment