South Beach On The Cheap

Following the South Beach Diet on a budget. I will be buying most of my food at Aldis, clearance and sales at other markets.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Getting Ready For The Week

This morning I made several things to have for lunches for work next week.
Including this Greek Lemon Chicken
It was really quite simple and I got the chicken breasts on sale yesterday at Bakers for 99 cents a pound.

Greek Lemon Chicken
Chicken Breasts I left the skin on mine for cooking
Penzey's Greek Seasoning
Lemons

This is a kind of general recipe because you can add as many pieces of chicken as you want.
I washed the chicken well and patted dry.
Sprinkled them with
1/2 Teaspoon of Greek seasoning per breast
Cut Two lemons and put a couple of slices on top of each
breast. Roasted in the oven for about three hours on
300 degrees.

I can use this chicken through the week for salad or in a casserole or just eat as it is.

I also make some Stock in my crockpot with a recipe I got from the food blog A Year Of Slow Cooking which I love to read. Her recipes are quick and easy. Some of them are beachy or you can adapt.

I also made up some Lemon Chicken Soup that I got on the Whole Foods website. I didn't add the rice or thickener but added some extra veggies sliced in my food processor.

I love to cook and Sunday's is usually my cooking day. This works well, I am still going to boil some eggs and will take things from there.
I do have to maek a calender so I can make off each day of the Phase 1. I am planning on doing at least three weeks before adding anything back just because I need to lose a lot of weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment