South Beach On The Cheap

Following the South Beach Diet on a budget. I will be buying most of my food at Aldis, clearance and sales at other markets.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Portion Control

So far the week has gone well. Others on our Living Healthy team at work are interested in doing South Beach as well so we had a lunch meeting yesterday and discussed the diet. I found original SB diet books at Goodwill for about two bucks so I gave one to everyone plus I was able to score a cookbook as well.

South Beach is not really about weighing or measuring food but there are somethings that have limits. For instance cottage cheese should be a half cup. I went out last night and bought some small Rubbermaid containers that hold around a half cup. I don't have to measure in the morning when I am fixing my lunch or worry that I put to much in a bigger container.

I also bought some little tiny plastic cups at Dollar Tree that are basically disposable. I got about twelve of them for a buck so I don't feel so bad about that they hold about 2 tablespoons so I use them for salad dressings.

Once again just pour and be less worried about how much you are actually eating. After you do this a few times you also kind of get an idea about how much a serving actually is.


No comments:

Post a Comment